Friday, September 28, 2012

In My Coma: Interview




This is an interview with a band I profiled earlier in September. In My Coma was kind enough to set aside some time before a show for lead singer/guitarist Jasper to answer some questions via email. To give a quick recap of the band, they are a Canadian rock band with both male and female vocals setting it apart from many rock bands. As musicians they are very talented and they put on a great show (what I've seen live online that is) and as people they are just looking to have a good time and have fun. Please visit their facebook to show your support!

http://www.facebook.com/InMyComa

Interview...

1. Who are some of your main influences?

I was born in England, so I grew up listening to Depeche Mode, the Cure, and Oasis. There's a deep-seeded love for British music in me, but I also grew up in the Nirvana whirlwind and so I'm a big fan of bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, and Queens of the Stone Age. So, our music has become a little bit of all of that! We call it "Briternative."

2. Do you find that you have more Canadian fans or US fans?

We definitely have more Canadian fans right now. We play most of our shows here and some of the radio stations have been good to us. But we do have fans all over the world, including Europe. England is a big one for us as well.

3. If you could play a show at any venue or place in the world where would it be?

Wembley is the dream venue, but hopefully it's sold out when we play there! It wouldn't be much fun to play Wembley if there's no crowd!

4. Are you planning any kind of a tour for the future?

We're planning for anything and everything. We'd love to tour and it will happen at some point. We don't know where or when quite yet, but it's definitely on the table.

5. If you could create a lineup of band to tour with who would you choose?

I would love to tour with a band like Muse or Bush. I think we'd be a good fit with bands like that.

6. Where do you guys see yourselves going in terms of shows, recording, tours?

Forward. The best answer to that question is "forward." It's an unpredictable musical world out there right now, so it's impossible to be prepared for everything. We're going to keep writing, keep playing shows, and keep recording. We're always getting something new out to our fans!


End Interview...

Check out In My Coma, show your support to new bands!



In My Coma- Friendly Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment