Friday, April 19, 2013

It's been a while!

Apparently life's busy schedules took over and made me fall very far behind. So let's catch up. Looks like I'm on the right track as far as working for bands in the future. My upcoming internship, senior project, and arts management classes next semester. One step closer! I've made two Facebook pages that are still in the early stages, possibly failing but I'm hoping for the best. The first is Save Your Wrists Listen to Music. It's really a hang out spot that features music, music videos, lyrics, and whatever else people want and it is all based on self injury, mental illness, suicide. But this is not an emo page, I'm not saying self injury is good. I know from experience that when dealing with tough times hearing music that relates to you can help. The songs I pick are generally rock, metal, post hardcore, hardcore, etc... The second page is Amped Alternative which is similar to a Facebook version of this blog.

I've been listening to a lot of Halestorm, Miss May I, and Slipknot. Like non-stop, it's even my study music the louder the better. Trying to find some inspiration for my upcoming senior project, thinking Norwegian Black Metal. Check out Until the Light Takes Us it's on YouTube. Best documentary ever, I watch it over and over again. That or band fan communities. We'll see.

Mayhem Festival is coming! I'll be at the Saratoga show in July. The suspense is killing me, I'm so excited! I've heard many complaints about the lineup and all I can say is, it's the second Mayhem Tour and it's going to be tough to top Slipknot from last summer but I think they chose a good mix of bands for this summer. Some of them I never listen to but they have to cater to everyone's choices so variety is GOOD!

I hope you're all well and hopefully college doesn't get in the way any time soon.


-Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment