Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Flyleaf New Horizons


I've heard mixed reviews of Flyleaf's newest album New Horizons. First of all Lacey Mosley is no longer the lead singer for a number of reasons. She's married, she recently had a baby, and a close friend died. Lacey left on a good note, welcoming their new singer Kristen May and said farewell to her fans. Many critics are saying that Flyleaf has lost their touch and that they have nothing new to show. When they released the single New Horizons I had all I could do to stop listening. Sure it's different than I'm So Sick but you can only growl into a mic so many times. So this is my opinion of New Horizons. The sound is new but in a good way! They have new and different material that shows they're capable of more than screaming and singing about God. It's fresh with songs like New Horizons but they kept their heavier sound with songs like Call You Out. I love the album because it was a great way to leave off, Lacey is leaving and she has clearly just made her best and last mark on the music world. But the band is more than just Lacey Mosley. There is more to it then just her. Kristen May has big shoes to fill but I think she can handle it. Flyleaf would never steer us wrong. So I recommend New Horizons to every Flyleaf fan out there and every rock, metal, and Christian rock lovers.
Remember to BUY the music! Bands need money too :)
But here's a preview!
New Horizons

Call You Out

No comments:

Post a Comment